Juvederm Fillers Specialist in Cleveland, OH
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the wide range of cosmetic and aesthetic services that we provide, visit the Wellness Center of Greater Cleveland today! Call us today or schedule an appointment online! We are accepting new clients in Cleveland, OH and surrounding areas!
Table of Contents:
Approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2006 Juvederm® has since become one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures performed in the United States. A Juvederm® filler is a hyaluronic acid-based injectable filler that has a smooth, gel-like consistency and is used on the mid to deeper levels of the skin. It temporarily smooths moderate to severe facial wrinkles and replenishes volume almost instantly, restoring facial contours and improving the signs of aging. A Juvederm® treatment takes between 15 minutes to an hour, and as the downtime is minimal the patient can get right back to their day. Side effects are rare, but may include tenderness, bruising, swelling, and redness at the injection site and generally resolve within a few days.
There are several Juvederm® products, all used to help address the facial signs of aging and each targeting certain problems and specific areas:
• Lips – Juvederm® Ultra XC and Juvederm® Ultra Plus XC provide fullness to thinning upper and lower lips. Juvederm® Volbella can also be used to enhance lips but has a thinner consistency and so doesn’t give the same fullness as Ultra.
• Smile lines – Juvederm® Ultra XC and Juvederm® Ultra Plus XC help to reduce the appearance of the lines that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
• Cheeks – Juvederm® Voluma XC restores lost volume to the cheeks and gives the face more structure and definition.
• Jowls – Juvederm® Voluma XC can help restore lost volume in the chin and mouth.
• Marionette lines – Juvederm® Vollure XC helps to smooth marionette lines –vertical lines that run from the mouth to the chin.
The recovery time following a Juvederm® procedure is minimal but patients are recommended to avoid strenuous activity, sun exposure, wearing makeup, and consuming alcohol for at least 24 hours following treatment. Most notice the effects of Juvederm® right away, once the swelling subsides. Results from a Juvederm® treatment typically last between six months and two years but will depend upon which Juvederm® product was used:
• Juvederm® Voluma – around 2 years with a touch-up maintenance treatment at 12 months.
• Juvederm® Ultra and Ultra Plus – around 12 months with an optional touch-up at 6 to 9 months.
• Juvederm® Vollure – around 12 to 18 months.
• Juvederm® Volbella – around 12 months.
As with any skincare procedure, these figures are estimates; results will vary from patient to patient.
Juvederm® filler procedures are done in a medical spa that offers the best of both worlds, combining the benefits of a traditional day spa with the specialized training and features of a medical facility. When looking for a medical spa the first place many people will start is with an internet search. Searching for “medical spa near me” will show you those clinics that match the search criteria, but you will have to make sure that they offer the services you are looking for too. Check out online reviews and ask family members and trusted friends if they are able to make any recommendations. You can also call ahead and ask about the services they offer, the qualifications of the staff (requirements vary by state), what staff they have and their experience, etc.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the wide range of cosmetic and aesthetic services that we provide, call the Wellness Center of Greater Cleveland today! Our highly trained, professional skin care specialists take your whole-body health and wellness seriously, and we take great pride in using the most cutting-edge treatments to keep you looking and feeling happier and healthier. We serve clients from Cleveland OH, North Olmsted OH, Olmsted Falls OH, North Ridgeville OH, Bay Village OH, Lakewood OH, Berea OH, and Brooklyn OH