Benefits of Laser Hair Removal in Cleveland, OH
Effectively remove unwanted hair from the face, leg, chin, back, arm, underarm, bikini line, and other areas. If you would like to know more about our laser hair removal services, visit the Wellness Center of Greater Cleveland today. Call us today or schedule an appointment online! We are accepting new clients in Cleveland, OH and surrounding areas!
Table of Contents:
Removal of unwanted hair can be time-consuming, annoying, and in some cases painful. Waxing, shaving, and tweezing are effective home treatments that most people use to rid themselves of unwanted hair, but these results are temporary and the hair does eventually grow back. Laser hair removal is a long-term alternative to these do-it-yourself treatments and although it doesn’t remove the hair permanently (after the initial session), when it does grow back it is lighter and finer and there’s less of it. In addition to this, laser hair removal offers these other benefits:
• Precision –Laser technology is extremely precise, which makes it an ideal option for people wanting to target smaller areas such as around the eyebrows, nose, bikini line, hairline, or upper lip.
• Speed – Laser hair removal treatments are the fastest way to get rid of unwanted hair but naturally depend on the area to be treated. An upper lip treatment will take a few minutes but larger areas like the back or legs can take an hour or more.
• Eliminates ingrown hairs – other forms of hair removal can cause ingrown hairs, hairs that grow back into the body instead of making their way through the skin in the normal way. These can cause pimples and can become infected and so it is best to prevent them from forming in the first place. With laser hair removal the hair is destroyed at the root meaning that abnormal regrowth is much less likely.
• Predictability –most patients will see permanent hair loss after three to seven sessions.
• No waiting for hair regrowth – with other procedures, such as waxing, it is necessary to let the hair grow out somewhat prior to the treatment, but this is not the case with laser hair removal so you can have smooth hair-free skin all the time.
The lasers designed for hair removal are very precise and can be used on most parts of the body. Such as:
• Bikini area
• Face, particularly the chin and upper lip
Laser hair removal is a long-term solution, not a permanent one. It works by heating the hair follicles rendering them inactive for a long period of time and stopping new hairs from growing. When the hairs do grow back, they are lighter, finer, and fewer in number.
As the results from initial laser hair removal treatments are not permanent, follow-up sessions will be needed if this is the patient’s ultimate goal. The number of sessions will vary by individual, but the Mayo Clinic suggests that most people will need between four and six follow-up sessions spaced at six weeks intervals. This means that a full round of treatment can take as long as nine months, with a maintenance session once or twice a year afterward to ensure the hair follicles don’t regenerate.
The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) estimates a 10 to 25% reduction in hairs after the initial session, and you will likely notice fewer hairs after each subsequent session. Any hair that remains or regrows will also be lighter in both texture and color.
If you would like to know more about our laser hair removal services contact Wellness Center of Greater Cleveland today! We are open 5 days a week (closed on Friday and Sunday) and serve clients from Cleveland OH, North Olmsted OH, Olmsted Falls OH, North Ridgeville OH, Bay Village OH, Lakewood OH, Berea OH, and Brooklyn OH.